CNN is paying on air "analysts" Jeffrey Lord and Andy Dean to defend Trump's racism and violence.
Demand CNN president Jeff Zucker and Executive Vice President for Talent Amy Entelis fire Dean and Lord !
CNN is paying on air "analysts" Jeffrey Lord and Andy Dean to defend Trump's racism and violence. These unabashed Trump supporters steadfastly defend and promote Trump’s increasingly violent and racist message.
Andy Dean has regularly gone on air to deny that Trump’s campaign manager assaulted a female reporter and has even called the white man who sucker-punched a peaceful Black man at a Trump rally “impressive.”1 2 Meanwhile, Jeffrey Lord regularly blames liberals for Trump’s racism and violence and even tried to condescendingly explain to Van Jones that Trump shouldn't have to disavow the KKK.3 Lord made his most absurd defense of Trump recently by calling progressive action group MoveOn.org “the new KKK.”4
Getting apologists for violence and defenders of racism off the air is critical, and we’re not the only ones fed up with CNN’s support of these Trump apologists. We have received word from inside sources that internal pressure at CNN is growing and with enough external pressure, CNN will dump these promoters of violence and racism.
Demand CNN president Jeff Zucker and Executive Vice President for Talent Amy Entelis fire Dean and Lord!
No one in the media is currently paying a toll for making money off of the Trump brand of violence and racism right now. In fact, Trump's received more than $1.8 billion in free media, for comparison, Hillary is a distant second with about $750 million.5 In February alone, CNN and other outlets combined to give Trump twice as much free air time as Clinton and Ted Cruz combined. Now CNN, and almost every major media outlet, is refusing to ask Trump about his campaign manager's assault on a female reporter out of fear that Trump will stop letting them interview him.6
Media companies like CNN try to have it both ways – making bank from reinforcing divisive, reckless and dangerous myths about our communities while pretending that they are “unbiased." That ends now.
With the powerful platform CNN provides, the dangerous and stereotypical discourse these “analysts” push has the ability to shape perceptions of viewers that, when acted upon, endanger the lives of Black communities. And the non-stop stories of violent actions carried out in the name of Trump shows that this rhetoric is having an immediate impact. The stakes are way too high to tolerate Trump’s dangerous message any longer.
Will you email CNN president Jeff Zucker and Executive Vice President for Talent Amy Entelis and demand they fire these promoters of racism and violence ?
YES - I will email CNN president Jeff Zucker and Executive Vice President for Talent Amy Entelis and demand they fire these promoters of racism and violence!
Until Justice is Real,
Brandi, Rashad, Arisha, Evan, Bernard and the rest of the ColorOfChange team
1. S.E. Cupp: Disgusting, Embarrassing That People Trying to Defend Violence at Trump Events," Mediaite, 03-10-2016 http://act.colorofchange.org/go/5980?t=6&akid=5542.1942551.dR9A9S
2. "Trump Bro Thinks It’s Pretty Impressive an Old Trump Supporter Punched Someone, Denies Lewandowski Assaulted Michelle Fields," Free Beacon, 03-10-2016. http://act.colorofchange.org/go/5981?t=8&akid=5542.1942551.dR9A9S
3. "6 worse right-wing moments of the week — Conservatives embrace proto-fascism," Salon, 03-14-2016. http://act.colorofchange.org/go/5982?t=10&akid=5542.1942551.dR9A9S
4. "CNN's Trump Apologist Calls MoveOn.Org 'The New Ku Klux Klan'," Media Matters, 03-15-2016 http://act.colorofchange.org/go/5983?t=12&akid=5542.1942551.dR9A9S
5. "Measuring Donald Trump’s Mammoth Advantage in Free Media," New York Times, 03-15-2016 http://act.colorofchange.org/go/5984?t=14&akid=5542.1942551.dR9A9S?
6. "No One’s Asking Donald Trump About Campaign Manager Accused Of Grabbing Reporter," Huffington Post, 03-17-2016 http://act.colorofchange.org/go/5997?t=16&akid=5542.1942551.dR9A9S
ColorOfChange is building a movement to elevate the voices of Black folks and our allies, and win real social and political change. Help keep our movement strong.