lundi 31 décembre 2018

CONVERSATION WITH THE DIVINE, a poem from Sadek RUMAHLY (Mauritius).






a prayer to flavor 2019





My Lord...
You do not offer to judge me,
even though I have judged You in times of trouble,
Though I have not smiled at You in Times of Plenty,
even though You have smiled at me in times of loneliness.
My Lord...
I have inherited the gifts of human frailty
so that You show me Your Compassion in the wake of my insolence and ignorant bliss.
My Lord...
in my illusory comfort, I fail to grasp how flimsy my Life is,
how its abrupt end is at Your mere Whim and Fancy.
My Lord...
I often fail to comprehend that I am but a Slave,
I pretend to be a Master who has mastered the mysteries of Existence.
My Lord...
O How a good Pretender You are...
how You pretend that I have never intended to offend You,
how You act as if I have never harmed You,
how You make as if You were not hurt by my ingratitude,
in return for the eternal bond that You have weaved for my own Paradise on Earth.
My Lord...
How I misjudged the patience that You forged for my benefit,
amidst the trials and tribulations that You showered on my daily challenges...
My Lord...
How foolish am I, and how magnanimous are You,
How full of shame do I feel when I know
that I shall be victorious at the end of it all, just through Your Mercy and Grace...
My Lord...
In exchange, all You ever asked of me was that I be your faithful friend at your loyal service...
Amen & Blessed be Thy Grace to welcome 2019
















Sadek RUHMALY.








Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire