samedi 28 novembre 2015

U.S : Thomas SMITH's PETITION.

Thomas Smith a petition to Walmart Market Manager Tyler Curtis stating: 
We demand that Thomas Smith be immediately reinstated by Walmart market manager Tyler Curtis and transferred to a nearby store. He was fired for redeeming $2 worth of empty cans left behind as trash in a Walmart shopping cart. In addition, we demand that Walmart retract their accusation of theft and apologize to Mr. Smith.
Sign now →


Thomas Smith standing in front of Walmart


Dear friends,

I just started a petition titled

Here's why this is important: 
Hi my name is Thomas Smith. I loved my job at a Walmart in East Greenbush, NY, where I made $9 an hour putting away shopping carts and picking up trash from the parking lot. After being released from prison and facing homelessness earlier this year, I felt like I was really getting my life on track. But then last Friday, after I worked over-time to assist my managers, I was abruptly fired. The reason? I redeemed about $2 worth of empty cans and bottles left in an abandoned shopping cart just inside the store.
I didn't know you couldn't take empties left behind. They were garbage. I didn't even get a chance to explain myself to the manager. I was never told that redeeming bottles wasn’t allowed and I immediately paid back the money. I worked hard at Walmart and did a good job. I ended up getting a raw deal. They just told me to turn in my badge.
There’s a double standard at my store. My manager told me that a cashier in my store, who is white, was caught on camera stealing $20 from a cash register and stuffing it into her bra. She paid the money back, but she wasn’t fired.
I’ve worked hard to turn my life around. And I worked hard at Walmart - I was only a few weeks away from passing my 90-day probation period. I shouldn’t have been fired for redeeming cans that were left for trash.
Thank you,


Thomas Smith

Sign now →

ColorOfChange is building a movement to elevate the voices of Black folks and our allies, and win real social and political change. Help keep our movement strong.





Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire